Kenyon Alcohol Stove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
Hi. I have a Kenyon 2 burner alcohol stove that isn't working and needs attention. I'm looking for a replacement one exactly like the one I have. does anyone out there have a working stove that may be at the back of their garage that they may want to sell? Hope so! Thanks all.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
If you haven't

cooked on propane you should give it a try before you replace the alchol stove. Also search out the thread from last week about doing a conversion of an alchol system to a propane system and talk to the owner that started that thread. Edit to add original thread; Tao Panama City, FL 12/24 at 11:55AM General_interest 266 views 11 replies Pressurized Alcohol Stove Conversion Can the pressurized alcohol stove, original equipment, in my 81 37 Hunter C be converted to LPG by simply replacing the alcohol canister with LPG ? If more is required, can anyone provide conversion details and instructions? Thanks. Reply | Print Thread

P

Paul

I have one

I have one I might consider parting with. I don't think I have used it for over 15 years. I would have to see if it still works. Send me an e-mail & we can talk more about it. tachyon1 (at) adelphia.net

C

Capt Walter K S37' Sunri II

Go Propane

When my alcohol stove gave up the ghost several years ago, I said Thank the Lord !! It was always a PITA and dangerous to boot. I found that a Coleman 'Camp' stove was exactly the right dimension to fit into the space where the alcohol stove had been - and have been using one ever since. You shouldn't install a propane tank below decks (heavier than air- no ventilation is a dangerous combo) -- so I use the small screw on bottles of propane - same as I use on the BBQ on the stern rail. Investment is minimal, and if it fails I can replace it for very little $s.

S

Stephen Parfet

Try a butane stove

I have had a lot of luck with small, portable Butane stoves. The gas is in a canister about the size of a spray paint can. It is easy, safe and sturdy and one can will go a long way (I can typically do a weekend on one can). West Marine has them and you can find them online.

D

David Utz

try origo

I replaced my big old kenyon alcohol stove with a drop-in 2 burner non-pressurized alcohol stove and have been satisfied with the results. Fool proof. Safer the propane, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.