Keel Material 340 345 35s5 350 351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Does anybody know what the keel is made of for these models? Is it lead for all of them? Also, another question, what years was the 351 built? Thanks

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

Beneteau USA

John, I have tried every place I can think of to find the information for you to no avail. Your best bet would be to call Customer Service at Beneteau in South Carolina (843) 629 5300. Ward Richardson is a very knowledgeable guy and he can probably help you. My sense is that the keels are cast iron. For what it is worth I went on Yachtworld.com and found 351's from 1994-1999. I hope this helps. Charlie

Jul 1, 1998
Thanks Charlie

Thanks for your reply Charlie. If anyone else has anything to add I'll be watching this thread. Thanks again.

S

Steve

331 Keel

John, For what is worth, the newer (perhaps all) models of the B331 are configured with cast iron for the standard keel and with lead on the shoal draft keel. So you might want to ask this question as well on you boat of interest. Steve

Jul 1, 1998
Thanks Steve

Thanks for your input. It would make sense that the shoal draft bulb-wing would be lead due to the nature of the casting - don't know why I didn't think of that :{ Actually, my boat of interest is 'around' 35 feet and 'around', say, 15 years old, give or take. Don't know if there is another model that I don't have listed in the subject line but if there is hopefully someone will let me know after they read my reply. Anyway, thanks very much for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.