Keel cable breaks - What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chip Giles

What do you do if the cable to the swing keel breaks? Does anyone know of a jury rig to compensate for this problem? How do you get it back up either partially or all the way?

J

jack bolen

jury rig

this sort of falls under the be prepared motto.we tried to find weak spots and figure for them. drill a hole in the bottom and if necessary run a line around and thru & tie off topsides if it becomes necessary. course the kids get sort of carried away with what if. they make me swim under and check while we do their ideas. oh well.

M

MArk

Can't get it up?

Hey Chip, Tom Wood's article (related link) suggests working the wayward board back up with a length of rope. Good luck and Happy sails, MArk

D

Dennis

Swinging keel!

My trailer is equiped with both rollers, which the keel rests on, and bunks which the hull rests on. If my cable were to break, all I would have to do is pull her up onto the trailer and the rollers which the keel rests upon, would lift it back into place, where a new cable could easily be re- attached! If your trailer, if you have one, is so equiped, you shouldnt have any problems! I have a Venture 222.

Status
Not open for further replies.