Just saying Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2010
Ericson 29 Grand Lake, OK
Just thought I'd post to say hello to all the Irwin owners. Wanted one for a number of years and finally had a chance to buy one. And she was definitely worth the wait. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2009
Irwin 37 c.c. Cutter indian rocks beach, fl.
Howdy Capt. Welcome to the club. There is a lot of info on this site, forums, archives search, more experienced sailors, not me, but I am a very experienced mechanic and I have done all the refurb on my 37. Way too much,LOL. Anyways, if any questions don't hesitate to ask. I bought mine about 3.5 years ago and sometimes do repairs on the fly, since I would rather sail than sit at a dock. Still have a long way to go, but I know my boat from stem to stern and wouldn't have it any other way. Happy sailing.

Nov 8, 2010
Ericson 29 Grand Lake, OK
Thanks

Thanks Jim.
Been sailing for about 20 or so years now and FINALLY gotta chance to buy an Irwin dirt cheap and jumped on it. Saw my first one alot of years ago when I was living in FL. Go figure with all the places on the coasts that I've lived I'd hafta move to OK to find one. I am truly loving the design of these boats, they have tons of room and features that you seldom see other than on "yachts". And talk about overbuilt? They handle beautifully and I have decided that they have to be one of the most under-appreciated sailers out there. I'm a fan for life.

galynd

Nov 1, 2009
Beneteau 36cc port arthur, tx
Thanks Jim.
They handle beautifully and I have decided that they have to be one of the most under-appreciated sailers out there.

I couldn't agree more. I do believe that there were some design flaws. The thru-deck stantions tend to leak after years. I've replaced or redone all of mine. The port lights are plastic as is the locking lens. I've replace many. However, these are items that can deal be dealt with.

They do sail like a champ, beamy and comfortable.

I just found the Irwin forum on SBO. It's nice to finally find some Irwin sailers.

Jan 26, 2011
Irwin 30 Citation Port Edgar, Edinburgh, UK
Another Hello

Hi all, might I also take this opportunity to say Hi to Capt Jake and all my fellow Irwin owners. I am however a bit distant from most of you on the East Coast of Scotland sailing out of Port Edgar near Edinburgh. My Irwin 30 Citation is my first cruiser and as such I am finding that even after years of sailing other peoples boats, when it comes down to it, there is so much I dont know. Love my boat, love the way she handles and just cant believe she is mine. For the time being folks, greetings from Bonnie Scotland.

Jul 29, 2009
Hi Bigboab, Glad to have you aboard. Yep, there's always something to learn, so far I haven't done any damage or gotten stuck all the way, knock on wood, but I it happens a lot around here because of year round sailing. If you need any advice feel free to ask, on here and the other forums. Lots of old salts. I do a lot of refurb and mechanical since I am a mechanic and like to do that sort of stuff. I am part Scottish and would like to go there, but it's not in the cards at this time. My mother has been there, and her grandparents are from there. Best of luck and happy sailing.

Jan 3, 2011
Irwin Yachts 30 Citation Green Turtle Bay Marina
Hidy ho Irwin neighbors. We bought our Citation 30 on November 12 (my birthday) and are seriously waiting for warmer spring days! I've added some electronics and just ordered new portlights. We're just replacing the gaskets and "glass". The engine is not liking to start in the cold but runs nice and strong when warmed up. This is our first boat and probably not our last.

Feb 18, 2011
Irwin 28 Edgewatwer
Hello all you Irwin lovers Had my 28 about 2 years and really enjoy her. sail mostly in the Intercoastal or as we call it the Ditch Fl. east coast . Love to hear from anyone close I have many Questions

Jul 29, 2009
Howdy Don, welcome, my boat is on the intercoastal just south of Clearwater. Not too close but, what questions do you have? The Irwin builders live about 10 miles from here. Jim

Deputy

Jun 1, 2011
Irwin 27 Sag harbor
Centerboard fix

Anyone on the Irwin Forum know about centerboard lifting hardware and where to find replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.