Just purchased C30 MKII!

Nov 25, 2023
catalina 30 mkII safe harbor marina
My boyfriend and I are super excited about this purchase. Its a 1989 C30, looking forward to learning from other C30 owners.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Congrats on your new boat!

we are all expecting some photos.

Good group of folks here to help if you need it.

Greg

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Congratulations ! Welcome to the group.. Lots of great information under "Owner Resources"

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats on your finding your new dream boat. I send Happy Holidays wishes and hope your boyfriend is not the jealous type. Boats have a way of becoming a priority in ones life, once bitten.

Its a 1989 C30, looking forward to learning from other C30 owners.
You will certainly find some C30 owners here to share their thoughts and ideas. What is often not understood by new boat owners is that boats are not like cars. Boats are a Hull enclosing a group of systems. The systems are from different manufacturers. Some manufacturers are still in business others are not. While I have a Cal35C, a different boat builder, it is possible that we both have the same winches on deck, same electrical parts, same cooking units. This happens because different boat builders often buy from the same experienced part maker.

Using the forum is easy. You post a question in the Catalina forum and likely most of the responses will be from Catalina owners (but not all as you can see the first three are from ODay, Hunter, and CAL owners). You’ll soon learn that our compasses work the same. We trim our sails in same way to go cruising, and in some cases we may have owned the same boat in our prior lives.

Welcome. I am looking forward to hearing more about your boat. Pictures are always fun to look at. One thing is for sure, there are many owners here who have experienced the same challenges you will face in the next couple of years. We all are pleased to offer suggestions that have worked for us.

Always remember… You are the captain / owner of your boat and you will choose the best solution that meets your needs no matter what any of us say. We hope to help providing ideas from our experiences. Some have succeeded and some not so much.

:biggrin:

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
I owned a 1987 C30 Mk-II for about 10 years. Nice boat with a cavernous interior for a 30 footer. Very comfortable.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Since there are many Safe Harbor Marinas across the country, could you be more specific about your location? When forum members post answers to questions or comments you may have it is helpful to know where you use the boat. TIA!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Congratulations on your new boat.

Catalina 30 Groups Link

Subscribe at the web forum:

Catalina30 groups.io Group
*All things Catalina 30 and 309! Sponsored by the International Catalina 30 Assn IC30A. FAQs, Q&A, comments, and experiences especially fixes and modifications invited. Share with over 2200 other owners. Website catalina30.com* *Please join the International Catalina 30 Association.

or by sending an email to:
Catalina30+subscribe@groups.io

This comes from this sbo thread by weekendrken:

1992 Catalina 30

Also: www.catalina30.com