Just found Tripp 26!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan

I've been searching for a Tripp 26 for over six months,...well I finally found one. Guess I'm going to sell my 35.5 custom. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to this great boat. *cry

C

Cliff Ruckstuhl

Where?

Remember I owned one for 2 season's. Cliff H 28.5 "Red Dog"

A

Alan

If ??

I told you then you'd know!!........Then I'd have to kill you!! (hahaha) Anyway, it was just pure luck that I found it. Looks like she's been updated and has a good sail inventory including a trailer. This means KWRW, St Pete, Chesepeake, and the Lakes. But it also means Bermuda is out! Choices, choices???? What to do?? Cliff, I remember you had one and I still can't figure why you let her go. I'm now facing having to loose 'Blue Bayou' and that's no easy decision. She's all set up perfectly with a sweet rating.....can't make up my mind. If I stay put I'll get you the info on the Tripp.

C

Cliff Ruckstuhl

No Tripp for me

Ther are a fleet of then sailing in the Chesepeake. That is where mine went and they do have a web site. It was just a matter of the Tripp not being very camper frindly. Since we live over an hour from the boat we need the boat to be a camper on weekends. Biggest problem with the Tripp was no where for crew to sleep. We had the V Berth in our's and could sleep 4 but that was it need 6 to race it. It is the coolest boat I have ever sailed on and I do miss the performance and I am very interested in the Tripp 33. I do think the 26 is tough to sail to it's rating. We had a 108 on Lake Erie and had to sail even up with a 40 foot boats . The 26 will fly I loved sailing it. If we had lived closer where we could race go home to sleep and get back on the boat in the morning I would have kept it. What is the name of the 26 your looking at? I might have seen the boat or owned it? Cliff "Tripp 26 Just Trippin"

Status
Not open for further replies.