Jimmy Buffett Gulf Shores "Free Concert"

WTA

Apr 16, 2008
Hunter 240 Mobile Bay
I am sure everyone on here has heard about the concert in Gulf Shores that Buffett is going to put on to help aid in the recovery from the Oil Spill. The event is supposed to be free admission but will require a ticket. Tickets went up on Ticketmaster at 10:00am CDT with a limit of 4 per household. I was on the site as the tickets came online and was unable to get any, neither were any of the people that I have talked to:cussing:. Now, just 1.5 hrs after the FREE tickets were available, they are showing up on ebay for as much as $600.00. Is it just me or is there something seriously wrong with scalping a free ticket? Some people have no shame.

I will get off of my Soap Box now.

Jun 16, 2009
1974 Venture/MacGregor 25' Brown's Creek Sailing Marina, Lake Guntersville, AL
We are going down there on Thursday and I didn't even get a chance to get our 4 allocated tickets. What a pile of crap. They should have had a better system in place to ensure folks got the tickets that were actually going to go. I don't know how they would have done it, but the way everything played out it sucks.

I was looking at some completed listings on eBay yesterday and they were selling for about $100 per ticket. I finally heard today the eBay was taking all of hte tickets off their site. It's about time. I think Criagslist was taking them off about as soon as they were posted.

Jun 30, 2004
Hunter 340 St Andrews Bay
Heard today that Ebay shut 'em down. Hotels and Resorts are holding tickets for guest.
Tell 'em Bubba sent you!

Apr 13, 2007
S2 6.8 Auburn
love JB since 1984...but I have to ask, when is the last USO show he did? Has he been to Baghdad or Bagram in the past 5 years?

i wont hesitate to buy future albums, but it would be nice to see him support the troops like he is on the coast...