Now I know what the “Ignore thread” button is for :banghead:

Cheers,

Greg

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
50km, pretty quick as well!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Yeah.. several single point common failure mechanisms that will result in a deadly splat.. I think it is cool, but not for me..

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
50km, pretty quick as well!

It is very cool
But it would need to be 10x the range to be actually useful

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
It is very cool
But it would need to be 10x the range to be actually useful
I’m not sure what the definition of “useful” would be ;)

If you want to commute to work you could do a vertical takeoff in your yard, setting your grass on fire so you don’t have to spend time cutting it and leaving more time to sail - “useful”. You would land on the roof of your office building again starting a fire causing everyone to be sent home early, again more sailing time. Sounds useful to me! ;)

Actually I don’t know if I would want to fly it any longer than current limits. Probably pretty intense.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
You would land on the roof of your office building again starting a fire
I'm not sure they've got the landing part down pat, as of yet. Jetman deployed a parachute after he'd transitioned to horizontal flight.

Give 'em time, however.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I'm not sure they've got the landing part down pat, as of yet. Jetman deployed a parachute after he'd transitioned to horizontal flight.

Give 'em time, however.
Yes at about 2 minutes into the video he touched down after hovering but they haven’t tried a “powered” landing yet. Not sure if that is a technical limitation. I would think it would be very challenging to control the transition from horizontal to vertical flight ie VTOL aircraft and you wouldn’t want to run out of fuel 100’ up! :yikes:

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I was at an air field years ago where they were demonstrating
These
Now I know what the “Ignore thread” button is for :banghead:

Cheers,

Greg
There is an ignore button? I need that....

I've been looking for a "don't like" button and have not come across that either... oh wait... here it is :ass:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: