Jabsco Straight discharge?

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
went cheap this spring and went with a twist and lock compact instead of the PHC, mostly on the basis that I hope to be on the market for a larger boat in the next 2-3 years.

I had trouble getting the discharge hose fitting on the head. It went, but not without some significant muscle flexing. The reason for the trouble is the fitting is angled at roughly a 45 deg angle, and I want to go straight aft of the head through the bulkhead.

Is there a fitting that discharges straight, or at least one that exits at closer to a 15-30 degree angle instead of the 45 that came with it? I have looked, but haven't been able to fine anything.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Suggestions

went cheap this spring and went with a twist and lock compact instead of the PHC, mostly on the basis that I hope to be on the market for a larger boat in the next 2-3 years.

I had trouble getting the discharge hose fitting on the head. It went, but not without some significant muscle flexing. The reason for the trouble is the fitting is angled at roughly a 45 deg angle, and I want to go straight aft of the head through the bulkhead.

Is there a fitting that discharges straight, or at least one that exits at closer to a 15-30 degree angle instead of the 45 that came with it? I have looked, but haven't been able to fine anything.
You know, they once offered a straight tail piece as an option. I do not find it within the current parts manual. You might try calling or e-mailing. Also, Johnson's Aqua T is almost identical. I remember one having a straight discharge, but I don't see one there either. But it's another possible resource regardless. Finally, a long shot is Raritan. The PH ll manual shows a straight discharge option. Given that the joker valves are interchangeable, perhaps there is a chance the tail piece might fit. Good luck! Check back if you find a solution.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Instead of going straight through the bulk head I angled the discharge hose upward to the vented loop, back down to the Y valve... then a 90 deg coupler to the holding tank behind the bulkhead. Otherwise, I'd have had to rotate the jabsco fitting and add a 45 coupler to get 90 deg turn. But thinking about it, I'm not sure you can rotate the fitting a quarter turn...

Attachments

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
Joe, Not enough room for me to do that, I have about 1" of clearance on each side and even less on the back of the head (and locking the handle, it's about 1/2" from the edge. The compact JUST fits in there...

only route for the hose is aft.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Joe, Not enough room for me to do that, I have about 1" of clearance on each side and even less on the back of the head (and locking the handle, it's about 1/2" from the edge. The compact JUST fits in there...

only route for the hose is aft.
So, you're saying the head faces aft, or forward? What's to prevent you fitting a 30 or 45 deg pvc elbow to the existing piece with glue so you get a horizontal run. You'd need two pieces, the elbow piece to fit over the jabsco part, and a short nipple to connect the new elbow with the sanitation hose. You have to be a little creative with these things... I spent a lot of time doodling and experimenting to figure out my solution... be patient... don't be afraid to thing radical, my brother.

DYFLWD

Feb 20, 2016
Oday 28 Lake Texoma

Can you believe jabsco doesnt make a straight pipe for the discharge? Rariton does so now I have to buy another toilet and try to sell the unused jabsco junk

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
You should be able to get a straight discharge fitting from Jabsco. Paul Campagna is Jabsco's toilet guru...his direct line is 978.282.5246.

You wouldn't have been able to buy a Raritan PHC anyway...that version was discontinued several years ago. The current PHII version is the PH SuperFlush Raritan PH SuperFlush You could have bought it and taken it with you to the next boat by swapping it out for the Jabsco when you're ready to sell this boat. You can still do that.....

Asking a few questions before buying can prevent a lot of problems.

--Peggie

DYFLWD

Feb 20, 2016
Oday 28 Lake Texoma
Thanks Peggie, They dont list a straight pipe on their website but I'll give him a call. Thanks. I really like the PH SuperFlush with the optional straight pipe..might just do that anyway