It Is What It Is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
KGW, I'm trying to make sense of what I'm seeing in your photo. Green line has blocks and goes to what? Is that the boom or is that a brace for the ama? What about the red line? No blocks there . . . ?

kgw

Apr 25, 2011
Wharram tiki 26 los angeles, ca
Here's a pic that should help:

The green line is the starboard mainsheet, red the port mainsheet: 4-part purchase using fiddle blocks anchored to the sterns. The mainsheets attach to the mainsail with a 6mm dyneema line that runs thru a snatch block: the balls (held in place with dyneema twine) allow for the sail to travel independently a bit: really useful when short-tacking up a channel. The double-mainsheets separate adjustment allows the sail to be kept flat when easing, and enables better trimming in most conditions. The wingsail is boomless, with a 5' gaff at the head.

I am motor-sailing home from Catalina Island in the pic: had to get some Seattle folks back in time to catch a plane.
KGW, I'm trying to make sense of what I'm seeing in your photo. Green line has blocks and goes to what? Is that the boom or is that a brace for the ama? What about the red line? No blocks there . . . ?

Status
Not open for further replies.