It is a sad, sad day

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Today was the end of our sailing season, if it can really be called that. The state run docks shut down at midnight tonight so we have to be off by then. They will let you stay up to the end of the October for 5 bucks a day but there is no one there to watch over your boat and they open the slips up to fisherman. Too much takes place there with no one watching so we brought her home today. Just finished unloading all the gear.
Of course the wind started blowing just about the time we started to break her down. And, like clock work, it's forecasted to blow 10 plus every day this week!!! Of course it is. I don't know what I did in a previous life but somehow I really pissed off Mother Nature.
Now the agony of waiting on skiable snow begins. I am not sure which is worse, waiting on wind or snow. They are both tortue in their own way for me.
Just whining as I know a lot of you will understand. I guess if it wasn't so darn fun I wouldn't mess with it.

Till next season...
Sam

Apr 19, 2010
S2 9.2C Lincoln, NE
Do you understand that many people in America will go to bed tonight hungry and homeless? And, even they are better off than millions of people around the world!

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
sucks to be you.
fall sailing is best sailing! ;)
The wind will blow here everyday till May 1st, the start of our sailing season!
At least we have our Mirror we can still sail till it gets too cold.

Sam