Is my C-22 the only one without inner flotation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sailorh

I am repairing a C-22 built in 1968. After crawling around inside I noticed the lack of any visible inner flotation. I did not see any styrofoam,or anything that looked as if it would help keep the boat afloat if (God forbid) it would flip over. Is there a product I can install to give me a little peace of mind should the worst happen? Any advice is going to be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sailorh,

Nov 29, 2005
- - Staunton, Va
C 22 flotation

Cant say that I have ever seen a C 22 with flotation. Mine doesnt have any but it has never been of concern. I had a Venture l7 at one point in my life and had the same concerns. I filled all available spaces with closed cell styrofoam and, at one time, considered some of the chemical expansion products but just never got around to using it.

Nov 29, 2005
- - Staunton, Va
My mistake

oops...........I now see that you have a Columbia, not a Catalina. I have no experience with your boat but I hope that someone out there will have an answer for you.

S

Sebastien

Flotation of a C-22

There is no foam in a C-22. If ou fill all available spaces with closed cell styrofoam, you will lose all the using space...

Jan 12, 2006
- - Florida
fixed keel

If you have a fixed keel like my c-22 has, then you shouldn't have to worry about it tipping over, unless you get caught in a hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.