Is it really an OD20????

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Haskell

I recently picked up a very nice little boat that was sold to me as an O' Day 21--but I have my doubts. LOA is 20'8". I can't find a HIN on it anywhere. I checked with the state registry. They told me it was registered as an OD21. It did not have an HIN, so the state assigned one. The boat looks like an OD 20, but there is one major difference. This boat does not have a keel/cb boot. The c/b boot is entirely inside the cabin. So I'm wondering--do I have an OD 20, or an OD20 wannabee? Thanks for any info you can offer.

D

Don

Drop Rod a Line

Rod Johnson is legendary with regards to his knowledge of O'Day models. Rod had an association with the builders in another life. Drop him an email. Reach him at rjohnson24@juno.com. Good luck. Don

J

Jim Farley

Authentic OD 20?

Mike, I have an OD 20 and I've never felt the need to challenge its authenticity. I do know that OD did begin inscribing the hull number ly-on on the stern and that my c/b boot is partially located in the cabin and the c/b is contained partially within the small fixed keel (10-12 inches) that also contains the 400 lbs of lead ballast.

Status
Not open for further replies.