Irwin Citation 30 - drainage and heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2011
Irwin 30 Citation Port Edgar, Edinburgh, UK
Hi folks,

you may find my conundrum strange but I hope you can help. I got my Irwin a few months ago and it is my first cruiser.

I am having some bother understanding the water drainage and heads system. Its simply a case of I am not quite sure of what I have got and how it works. As a result the water doesn't drain from the sinks and the heads does not provide water when 'wet bowl' is selected.

Does anyone have any drawings or diagrams that would show me how the water drains are connected and how the various valves/cocks work together?

To the best of my knowledge my boat is standard. During investigation I have found a tank in the port forward cabin and two cocks in the storage area below the tank (both open or closed?) which way to turn to open and close? Is this the black/grey water storage tank?

There also seems to be a tank in the port main cabin beneath the seating area. At the rear it is the diesel tank but at the forward inspection hatch it is not clear to me if this is stiil the diesel tank or another tank (maybe the grey water tank) - it is obviously adjacent to the heads.

The boat is beginning to stink and I don't know how to empty any of these storage tanks. How can I get the heads at least to vent to the sea?

Sorry that this must seem incredibly basic but I am at a bit of a loss without any sailing pals nearby to help/advise the rookie.

Thanks in anticipation.

Robin :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.