IPad App Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2011
Hunter 27 Cherubini Alum Creek State Park
Is anyone experiencing a problem with their iPads not responding to taps on the left half of the screen when using the sailboat owners app? If I use Safari to access the forums, no problem...

Thanks.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Is anyone experiencing a problem with their iPads not responding to taps on the left half of the screen when using the sailboat owners app? If I use Safari to access the forums, no problem...

Thanks.
I don't use the app on our iPad but everything is fine in the standard browser.. Not a huge fan of the vBulletin apps myself.. Phil will likely chime in with an answer..

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
It sounds like the problem reported when the new ios came out. Make sure you have the latest version of the operating system and the newest app update, that _should_ take care of it.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Phil: my and tablet has an issue on the forums tab. The new post button does not work like it does on my pc. I have a similar issue with the Gear Ads.

Sep 2, 2011
Hunter 27 Cherubini Alum Creek State Park
Thanks, Phil. I haven't installed the new iOS update yet. If I still have problems after doing that and updating the app, I'll let you know.

Jun 30, 2004
Hunter 340 St Andrews Bay
Ipad post

Browser on the tablet.
I am still unable to post in the Social Groups or see all Social Groups on the Ipad; whether accessing via Safari or via the Sailboatowners app.

Suggestions?

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
There seems to be some minor issue with Ipad & Tablets. Not really sure what is going on.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
You have to "join" the social groups before you can post to them, they're not quite like regular forums.

I haven't checked but they are probably not accessible through the app but should work fine via Safari on the iPad. I'll do some testing on mine later today.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Works fine for me in Safari. On the app it doesn't display any threads; I'm not sure why. The whole social forum concept is an aftermarket hack written by another vBulletin forum host; so it may not be compatible with the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.