IPad Air 2 IOS 8.1 Login

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
I got a new IPad Air 2 with IOS8.1 and it brought in my previous app. It apparently garbled the login and now when I try to login, the login screen only stays available for a couple of seconds. Way too short to even try to get started.

Anyone else having this problem and if so, what did you do about it?

Oct 1, 2011
Canadian Sailcraft 36T PCYC Toronto
Same here, I have to only use the web version assume you are speaking of the SBO app.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
If you want to use the mobile version, try uninstalling it and shutting down. Then start it up and download the app again from the App store.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
while we are on the I Pad subject how do i tell if i have one that has GPS built in.... that does not need a phone service to work...sorry for the thread drift

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
while we are on the I Pad subject how do i tell if i have one that has GPS built in.... that does not need a phone service to work...sorry for the thread drift
On an android you go to settings and look for "location" services. Then look for "stand alone GPS"

Also, if you just start a navigation app it will normally ask you to turn on the gps and take you to the setting page. Once you find it, you can put a shortcut on your desktop to activate or deactivate the gps ... to manage your power consumption.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Click on SETTINGS
Look for CELLULAR

If you don't have a cell capable iPad (3G or 4G) then you don't have an internal GPS..

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
Glad to know someone else is having the problem

Thanks Tenancity. Sorry we are both having the problem, but the problem is with the SBO app, not us.

I can still login with Safari and Internet Explorer, just not on the IPd Air 2.

Have tried deleting and reinstalling, even turned off then back on and redox loaded from App Stoe and have deleted, rebooted and t installed to no avail!

Next update will likely fix it.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I just upgraded to iOS 8.1 and I can login, but I am running it on the last generation of ipad, not the 2 Air.

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
I use the app with iOS 8.1.1 on an IAir 2, and mercifully logged me in automatically. I say mercifully because I don't know my password, and have not for a couple of years.
Got lucky probably. Still, I like the pad..

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
You might find the missing passwords here: Settings - Safari - Passwords. I wasn't able to check my wife's ipad so I'm not sure if this will show the passwords like it does on a Macbook Pro.