Inverter & Alt. Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Sheehy

I have a few problems with my Passage 42 right now and was hoping someone may be able to help me with them. 1. My Freedom 30 has stopped showing that I have any a/c incoming to the unit. I am using a Link 20 with the unit. The Link 20 will still show the state of the batterys but dosen't show any incoming a/c. I did disconnect one of the batterys with out disconnecting the ribbion from the Link 20. It will still charge the batterys but I can't press the charge button on the Link 20. It does it by it's self. 2. I installed a bigger alt. a few years ago. I used the old bracket which won't let me tighten the belt tight enough. Has anyone replaced your alt. and what did you do about the tenson bracket? I tried the bracket Balmar sells but it won't fit. 3. Has anyone replaced the fwd electric head with a manual head. I would like to replace mine but am having a problem finding something that will fit. One thing I did find was that the 42 was pre wired for a/c. The wires go to a relay under the galley sink. Someone ran new wires when the a/c was intalled. They left the old wires hooked to the relay. I then had live wires that were not hooked to anything. If you have a/c on your boat you may want to take a look. I tried sending the wire dwgs. to a few people but it has crashed my Outlook. Everything I bring up outlook it wants to send the files. It then locks up so I am sorry I didn't send them to the people who asked.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Smaller belt and PHII?

Bill: Have you looked around for a smaller belt. You should be able to find something that is just slightly smaller and a Napa Auto Part or even a Kragens. I just installed a PHII manual in out H'31. I doubt that your head is any smaller than on the 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.