Insurance cost for a Catalina 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark

I am hoping someone might be able to give me an idea of what the insurance cost for one year for a Catalina 22 is? I would be looking to spend about $5,000 on the boat. I have also considered a Catalina 25 so opinions on that boat would be appreciated also.

M

Mike

Rider on Homeowners Policy

I have a C22, and was wondering about liability if someone got hurt, or another boat got damaged by it. I called Erie Ins., the provider of my auto and homeowners insurance. They told me that I was automatically covered up to $2,000 for the boat with my policy already, and for an additional $20 per year, I could add on liability. Call your agent and see what they have to say.

May 17, 2005
Catalina 250 New York, NY
It went up this year..

I have a Catalina 27 that I insured with Boat US. The value of the boat is $13000. Last year (2004) my coverage for US waters was $234. This year it went up to $680 for the same coverage. I called and they told me it was because of all the hurricanes. C'est la vie...

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
My boat/us policiy....

for a Cat 27, berthed in San Diego and insured for $10,000, cost less than $180/yr. Of course, I don't live in a hurricane area. My advice to you is to call a few companies for a quote... just like you would for a car. Boat/US is very popular and very inexpensive. Whatever you do, deal with someone who specializes in marine insurance. If you keep your boat in a marina, expect them to require specific coverage for liability and environmental accidents. and an ammendment adding the marina to your policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.