Instrument panel

mmiles

Mar 24, 2009
2 235 Marquette, MI
I have a 2005 Beneteau 373 and am in need of a new instrument panel due to an unfortunate storage building collapse. I would prefer to replace it with the original panel and preserve the ability for the wheel to pivot.
Any assistance in this matter is appreciated. The part is listed as obsolete on the Beneteau USA website.

Thank you.

Mark Miles
Marquette, MI

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Mark,
Are you referring to the FRP pod at the helm where the wind/speed/auto pilot instruments and plotter are mounted or you referring to the engine instrument panel?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Mark,
I just checked the Beneteau site for the FRP instrument pod for the 343. It is also marked as obsolete.
Call Ward at Beneteau USA to determine if he has an option available for replacing the pod. If you can salvage the remaining pieces of your damaged pod, seems that a fiberglass fabricator could fab a new one for you. Undoubtedly, it's going to be expensive ($$$$) if a fabricator has to make a new one. You could likely fabricate one yourself if you have the necessary equipment and time. A salvage yard may be another option; however, that would be like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Can you please take a picture or describe you problem more specifically.

The Beneteaux 373's and 343's that I recall had a binnacle guard which a pod (i.e., an FRP enclosure which was mounted on an extended binnacle guard that was bent. If you look at Navpods, you should be able to find many FRP units that should do the job. If the SS binnacle guard was damaged, then you can either try to repair that -- or replace it along with the "pods".

https://navpod.com/industry/sailing/ (West Marine, and others sell these on a retail level)
Edson and local SS fabricators can provide the binnacle set-up. You need to match the Navpod to the binnacle tube size and spacing.

PICTURES???