Installing an Microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Rochester, NY
I am thinking of installing an microwave in the locker over the stove of my 310. Any advice or opinions would be welcomed.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
This is how mine is. I'm assuming it was an add on since I have the cabinet door.

There is an outlet that is installed inside the cabinet and the microwave is anchored to the cabinet as well so it does not move when underway.

Not sure what the dimensions of the mic are but when I get down to the boat tomorrow, i will measure for you and add to this post.

It is a great addition since my 7 year old loves to make his own EasyMac and I keep a supply of Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers for a quick lunch.

Attachments

Jun 30, 2010
Catalina 310 Bristol RI
We took our microwave out. We live on a mooring, no shore power. We never used it, and it looks like the previous owner did not use it much either.

Do you want this one? Just sitting in our basement.

We are looking for the cabinet door for that locker. I asked Catalina, but got no response. Do you now have one you do not need, or does anyone else?

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
This is the microwave we have:

http://m.geappliances.com/GEAppliancesMobile/Dispatcher?REQUEST=Specifications&Sku=JES738WJ

There is an AC outlet in the aftmost galley cabinet and it is anchored using wireties attached to the inside of the aftmost and forwardmost cabinets so it can be removed easier. The PO also put 2 screws at the front of the mic cabinet so the mic needs to be lifted slightly to be removed and to prevent it from sliding forward while underway.

Attachments

Oct 24, 2009
Yes, I would be interested in the microwave. What are it's dimensions?

Oct 24, 2009
Thanks for the information. Did you need to remove the molding in the front of the cabinet?

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
insamji1 said:
Yes, I would be interested in the microwave. What are it's dimensions?
Approx. Dimensions (H×W×D)
10 3/16 H x 17 7/8 W x 13 D

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
insamji1 said:
Thanks for the information. Did you need to remove the molding in the front of the cabinet?
I'm not sure. It was done by the PO.

Jun 30, 2010
Catalina 310 Bristol RI
The microwave that we removed is 10 (H) 19 (W) and 13 (D) It is a Samsung Model MW650WA.

The microwave was bolted in from the bottom with 2 bolts and large washers. I am pretty sure I saved those and can dig them up for you. If you want to pay for shipping (I live just outside Boston) you can have it.

Not sure how your cabinets are set up, but the two ones on each side have a false wall on the back that make them not as deep. The middle cabinet where the microwave was has no false wall, it goes back to the hull, and so has a lot more depth.

Oct 24, 2009
Yes, that would be great. My wife says it would be a wonderful addition. She likes to go cruising but insists on a mooring with power. So we would certainly use it. I will pay you all shipping charges. My address is 730 Bel Arbor Trail, Webster, NY 14580. Just let me know the cost and I can send you a check. If you can find the hardware for instillation that would certainly be useful. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.