Inside Teak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don

Does Catalina use some color of stain on the inside teak? I had to sand and refinish some of my teak on my 83 Cat 30 and cannot seem to get the teak to match. Has anyone out there redone their inside teak? What did you use? Thanks Don

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

You just never know

I'm not sure what the factory slaps on but would have to assume they do a quick oil job, but don't quote me. Did you buy yours new? If not, the previous owners could have put God-knows-what on there. My '73 had years of teak oil on top of some kind of harder finish. I had to strip AND bleach the wood to get it looking decent. It's a beautiful golden color now. That's the problem with doing any refinishing - if you do one piece you've gotta do it all to make sure it matches! BTW, I used Rubbed Effect varnish. LaDonna

H

Harve Druker

Interior Wood Finish

I added some trim and other faetures to mu C-30 interior. I used red mahogany stain and found it matches what was already there - to me it does anyway. Harve

D

Dave Emery

Watco

I have a 1990 Catalina 34 that had some teak that was water stained and needed to be sanded out and oiled. I read somewhere that Catalina uses Watco Oils (found at Home Base, Home Depot, etc.) I purchased Watco's Rejuvenating(sp?)Oil and applied it with good results. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.