Info on P60 Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cory rosenbaum

I am buying a 71 Columbia 34 with the Palmer P60. Can anyone offer any info on the engine or web sites where the engine is discussed. It seems that every site deals with the A4 or diesel engines only.

T

Todd Sampsel

P-60

I have a P-60 in my 73 C-30. From what I understand, it was originally an International Harvester tractor engine. You'll find very little information about them and parts are hard to come by. I'm lucky enough to have a marine shop here on Galveston Bay where the owner is an expert on this engine. It runs great (ok, so there's a small crack in the head cover). I refuse to clean it because I think the corrosion is holding it together.

J

Jim

P60----graymarine

I had a P60 in my Challenger 32. When I replaced it someone said it was made my graymarine. Anyway best replaceit with a universal diesel. I replaced mine with a Yanmar.

T

Tom Vandiver

Palmer P-60

RE: Palmer P-60 I have rebuilt several of these sturdy engines and have parts available, except for the watercooled manifolds. New cylinder heads are available. Contact me off list for details. satoritom@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.