Info on Columbia 34 MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2004
- - Cape Coral, Florida
I recently bought a 71 Columbia 34. I'm in the rebuild stage and want to hear from others who are sailing this boat. Any info would be appreciated.

Dec 4, 2004
- - Cape Coral, Florida
I recently bought a 71 Columbia 34. I'm in the rebuild stage and want to hear from others who are sailing this boat. Any info would be appreciated.

J

jim cody

'66 c34

similar but with some differences. my new purchase has had lots of work. lots to go, always.

J

jim cody

'66 c34

similar but with some differences. my new purchase has had lots of work. lots to go, always.

Dec 4, 2004
- - Cape Coral, Florida
Thanks

Jim, My boat is in basically good condition, but needs some cosmetic work. I've started and it probably will be never ending. I'm about to move aboard so doing interior stuff right now. My boat is full keel so has a shallow bilge. I can't really fit a decent bilge pump down there so am stuck with buying a diaphram pump to move the bilge water out, back about 10 feet then up 3 feet (high freeboard). Wonder what you're using for bilge pump? Geno

Dec 4, 2004
- - Cape Coral, Florida
Thanks

Jim, My boat is in basically good condition, but needs some cosmetic work. I've started and it probably will be never ending. I'm about to move aboard so doing interior stuff right now. My boat is full keel so has a shallow bilge. I can't really fit a decent bilge pump down there so am stuck with buying a diaphram pump to move the bilge water out, back about 10 feet then up 3 feet (high freeboard). Wonder what you're using for bilge pump? Geno

D

Dan Perera

Buying a '66 c34

Hello Out There, My wife and I are thinking about buying a 1966 c34 we think it is a John Morgan design and it may be a fixed keel model as we have not seen it out of the water yet. Can anybody tell me of things to watch out for or be aware of while doing a pre- purchase inspection thanks a lot, Dan Perera

D

Dan Perera

Buying a '66 c34

Hello Out There, My wife and I are thinking about buying a 1966 c34 we think it is a John Morgan design and it may be a fixed keel model as we have not seen it out of the water yet. Can anybody tell me of things to watch out for or be aware of while doing a pre- purchase inspection thanks a lot, Dan Perera

A

Anatoli

ailau

I've got mine with dead Palmer P-60 :( I'm wondoring if you know,- what kind of engine is good to get for it and good witch this "V" Drive?

A

Anatoli

ailau

I've got mine with dead Palmer P-60 :( I'm wondoring if you know,- what kind of engine is good to get for it and good witch this "V" Drive?

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
re:buying a Columbia C-34

Go to the Columbia-Yacht Owners Association web site. there are literally hundreds of owners there and more collective knowledge about your boat than anywhere in the free world. I believe that the drop keel version has four port holes each side and a long overhang on the stern. the fixed keel,(shoal and standard) has only one port per side, and a short overhang, with a lower racing profile.

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
re:buying a Columbia C-34

Go to the Columbia-Yacht Owners Association web site. there are literally hundreds of owners there and more collective knowledge about your boat than anywhere in the free world. I believe that the drop keel version has four port holes each side and a long overhang on the stern. the fixed keel,(shoal and standard) has only one port per side, and a short overhang, with a lower racing profile.

R

Robin

Columbia 34MkII

I've had my C34MkII for 3 yrs- Best place for up to date info is the Columbia yacht owners web site- Good luck.

R

Robin

Palmer P60

Have the engine rebuilt- great strong tractor engine- go on the web and look up international harvester P60 marine engine- I rebuilt the top of my engine a couple of months ago-

C

Cap'n Dan

new 34 MKII owner too

We have just bought a 34 MKII also. It has been on the hard for about 10 yrs, so I know I'll have to go through it carefully. This is my second Columbia. We currently have a Columbia 26 MKII. Hull 726 (for sale) A great boat especially in rough weather. Good luck to you on your project.

C

Cap'n Dan

Palmer P60 Rebuild

I will be looking at a rebuild on a P60 or a re-power with a diesel. Mine has not been started for at least 10yrs. Were the parts readily available?

Status
Not open for further replies.