Info from Yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Hi Bob" About a year ago, I send Yamaha an e-mail requesting information on their sailboats they sold in US and Canada. They sent me an express mail with brochures on all the models and some other back up information. I also have a parts manaul for the Y-25 which they sent me years ago. Quite impressive for a company that stopped selling these boats over 25 years ago. We will need to meet sometime, so we can scan this information into your computer for addition to your website. I live in Olympia, WA Write me at yamaha25@aol.com I am using the brochures for a article I am writing on Yamaha boats. For year I searched for info on these boats, and finding none...I decided to list my self as a soure on the Good Old Boat's association website. About once a month, I get an inquiry. I originally listed Yamaha with the this sailboat forum. They had never heard of Yamaha and thought I was referring to a motorcycle. Such good boats, and no one knows about them. They sell for an amazing low price, given the quality and their ability. Once disadvantage for new owners is that the publicity being generated may jack up the price for used boats. George

G

George

Yamaha 25 Price

I have been watching the sale price for a Yamaha 25. For some reason, the price for this Yamaha model, appears to be really low. I see Catalina 25s and MacGregor 26 boat going for $8 - $10 grand, and the Yamaha 25 boat ownwer practically have to give away their sailboats. A diesel engine and the construction quality is much superior to the Catalina and MACs. The other Yamaha models also seem to command a more respectable price. I own a Yamaha 25 and do not find any realy flaws with the boat. Anybody have any ideas on why their pricing is so low??

B

Bob

Y-25 sales prices

I don't know why Yamahas in particular should suffer, but it seems that there have always been more of the smaller Y's on the market than the other models. I figured that it was that people were going for the accomodations available on the bigger boats--30' seems to be a threshold for a boat with liveaboard sorts of accomodation. The comments I've gotten on the website indicate that others are just as happy with quality of their 25's as you are. Incidentally, one of the reasons I started the site was to get the information out that parts were available for these boats. That should have a positive inpact on sales price. I'd still like to get together and see if there's anything I could get from you to make available on yamahasailboats.org.

G

George

Getting together to share Yamaha info

Bob: I also would like to get together also. Finding the time is the issue for me, as well as the drive up through all that dreaded Seattle traffic. Will let you know when my schedule lightens up. gz

B

Bob

Meeting

I do not have the busy schedule that you do, and with a little advance planning, can wander down your way.

Jun 14, 2006
- - Gibsons, BC
Yamaha 25 Manual

Looking to purchase my first Keel boat- a Yamaha 25- would like to locate a manual for the boat- any clues. Thanks- Ron

Jul 23, 2006
Yamaha 25 Hong Kong
Just bought a Y-25, need information

Hi George, I just bought a Yamaha 25 without any information on her, grateful if you could email the brochure, manual or other info to me. I really need them to fix my boat, many thanks. Cheers Henry Hong Kong

B

Bob

Your Y-30 manual

I have a Y-37 in Seattle, and just brought it back from Barkley Sound. I'm collecting manuals for the Yamahas, and wonder if I can get a copy of your Y-30 manual. If so, contact me at info@yamahasailboats.org. Thanks.

B

Bob

Getting together

George, Now that the summer season is upon us, perhaps we can get together. Whatsay? Bob

Jun 14, 2006
- - Gibsons, BC
Stern Light

On our Y-25 the stern light- (on the transome next to the vent) got broken off- any clues on how to get replacement parts for these Yamahas? I live just outside Vancouver British Columbia. Ron

G

George T. Case

Y-30C Information etc

Ahoy George I'm very much interested in the parts (availability) information that Yamaha sent to you, as I would like to replace some of my latches and hinges with like kind, if at all possible? I think that My Y-30 was build around April 1982 (fabrication label on fuel tank), and arrived in Seattle, May 11, 1982. It took approximately 18 months of legation to accquire this craft. It is the Mark I model (engine forward, with pipe sette) and is a 'tall rig'. As I had planned to race this guy ASAP, I needed to have sails made for the tall rig, and Yamaha send me a 'blue print' of the tall rig mast and sail plan. I also have the Manual for the Y-30. As this 'engine forward' model has a Yanmar YSM-12 engine (horizonal one cylinder) I also have a manual for this engine, plus as I just had this motor completely rebuild (2005), I received a 'newer' Yanmar parts manual with new numbers etc. I also have some of Yamaha's (sailboat) brochures and three place mates with profile drawing (etc) of the Y-30, Y-33 (32?) and the Y-36. One of these brochures has the hull colors for the cruising line of sail boats. Enjoy George

B

Bob

Y-30 Manual

I'd like to get a copy of the manual for the Y-30. As webmaster for yamahasailboats.org, I've become a defacto librarian. Contact me at the link below, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.