Indicator lights on AC/DC Control Panel

Bogart

Mar 13, 2018
Hunter 45CC Queensland
Hi all. The indicator lights on the 230V/50Hz side of my panel have failed. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, have you managed to replace them? It looks like it might be relatively simple to disconnect the panel from the 12V & 230V leads, but I don't want to start something that's going to be be difficult to finish. Photo of panel on our 2007 Hunter 45cc attached.

Many thanks, and hope you're staying safe.

Cheers from OZ

Attachments

Bogart

Mar 13, 2018
Hunter 45CC Queensland
Sorry all. Should have made it clear that it is the Shore/Generator lights which are not working.

Cheers

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
The indicator lights are subject to failure. Just replace them. I had to replace the majority of incandescent electrical panel indicator lights on my new to me 1984 boat. Previous owner just stopped maintaining them. Replaced them with led lights.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
If both quit at the same time, I'd suspect that the power circuit for those LEDs has a bad connection. The lights themselves should be fairly easy to source from the forum store on this site, or from an electronics supplier once you know what voltage level drives them.

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
Blue seas makes em. They do have a tendency to go bad. All they are is a LED with a fairly large resistor for 110/220v and a smaller resistor for the 12v ones. I just replaced 2 110v ones on my aircond panel. I lost all the 12v ones on my last boat at once - guessing a surge due to lightning. It was a brand new panel too.

Don't get all clever and put the ring terminals on first... they won't go through the hole. DAMHIKT. :)

Linky: Blue Sea Systems 230 Volt LED Indicator Lights

Bogart

Mar 13, 2018
Hunter 45CC Queensland
Thanks for all the help. The Blue Seas ones look good but are bigger than the ones I currently have. If I can’t find smaller ones I guess I’ll just have to drill out the holes in the face of the panel.

Dec 14, 2023
n/a n/a n/a
Thanks for all the help. The Blue Seas ones look good but are bigger than the ones I currently have. If I can’t find smaller ones I guess I’ll just have to drill out the holes in the face of the panel.
Do you have a picture of indicator lights?

Dave

Forum Admin, Gen II
Staff member
Feb 1, 2023
Just another gentle reminder that selling in the forums is not a permitted activity. Please use the classifieds. Gear classifieds are free.