Inability of charge run down batteries on Hunter 45CC

Sep 5, 2009
Hunter 45 CC Marina del Rey
I forgot to reconnect my electrical system with the 110 V dock out let. Batteries went down to 6V. Charger/inverter did then not work anymore. Used external charger to recharge the batteries - then all of a sudden internal charger/inverter worked again. Anybody had the same problem? Thanks, Viktor

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Sounds like the charger is set to lipo batteries. Just a guess.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Some charging systems will not attempt to charge a battery that is below a predetermined minimum voltage. My solar system will not charge anything that starts out below 10vdc. That threshold is programmable on my system.

Most smart chargers will have some kind of programming available. Most marine chargers that are not very old will have settings for different battery chemistries.

Just because you have AGM batteries does not mean that your charging system is properly configured to charge that type of battery. That is a detail that is always worth checking. It makes a big difference.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Have AGM batteries. Thanks, Viktor
Regardless of the actual battery, some chargers can be set to battery types. Lipo chargers do what is described above. I've had my lipo charger go into fault due to being below the voltage threshold. I had to charge it with a non lipo charger to get it above the voltage then switch to the lipo charger.