Ideas for Hunter 36 Cockpit Table

Sep 19, 2017
Hunter 36 Keyport, NJ
We have a standard Cockpit table that folds down but when it's up it extends right to our cushions. When we have company, it makes it hard to move around the cockpit. Has anyone found something that sits atop the table rail for nibbles and drinks - something we could just bring it out, put over to top and stow it when not underway. Or conversely, table leaves that are multi-hinged to open halfway or fully? Just looking for some ideas... thanks

hunter table.jpg

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Yeah, the table as in our H356 could be better.
On my boat, the table snapped onto supports that held the weight of the table and its contents. But any upward pressure on the underneath of the table would release the supports, causing the table to collapse and spill the table top contents into the laps of guests and into the cockpit sole. In other words, "The dogs breakfast."
If you like wood working projects you could make something with some hinged leafs that would allow more access around the table. When it was just the Admiral and I, I would just leave one side down.
With guests, it was the Dog's breakfast. Including one time just seconds after I warned the guests about the malfunction there was a collapse of the table and the snacks, drinks including red wine.