I want to buy 2nd Hand Kevlar sails for a H 40.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gustavo Coll

Hi. I just bought a Hunter 40.5 and I want to race. Does somebody has any experience in racing a H 40.5 and does some of you has or know where I can buy a Kevlar /mylar 2nd hand main, Jib # 1 and 3? I am also looking for a 0.75 spinnaker. Regards, Gustavo Coll gcoll@movinet.com.uy

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Recuts

A few guys around SoCal get cast offs from some of the hot racers and have them recut to fit. Other than that, I don't know of a used sail broker, but they are out there. Maybe some of the guys can post a lead. Good luck. Rick D.

V

Vito Ciaravino

Fast Boat

I have raced the H 40.5 on several occations. Last year I nraced against a Benetau 42.7 and won.The boat is fast on all pints of sail. Upwind you wont be able to point as high as some deep draft masthead boats, you will also expirience afair amount of leeway. Crack off a little ad sail away from them. I have done much better at point to point races than around the bouys.

D

Darrel Richards

Second Hand Sails

Second Hand sails are going to be just that. Used up in most cases. If your serious enough about racing, and you want kevlar sails, have them made new for your boat. You'll care for them and they will treat you good. Somebody else's blown out used sails are not the way to go. You'd be better off buying new dacron sails, the cost would be about the same for used kevlar. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.