I want it soooooo bad ... but I can't

Raspa

Jul 24, 2019
Hunter 27 Lake Norman NC
Guys, gals...
There's this crazy dude who's selling a 1982 Hunter 30 feet which on the
Pictures looks very very very good inside out...
The boat is on a cradle... (which is part of the deal)
And the guy and his boat are in Alabama... (which is not exactly close to my place)
And the guy just like that is asking 2000$
But after I contacted him (i wanted infos on his cradle) he told me just like that that i could have it for 500$ if i come with a trailer and that he would pay the crane fees... I've spinned this so much in my head that i feel seasick...
On the other hand if one of you don't buy it I'm gonna have to do it with terrible consequences for my marriage ;-) ...
Oh i don't have any relation with the seller ... so up to you...

Last edited:
May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
BTW, The ad says it's a 1982 model. Since there was a massive change in the design in later 30 ft models, it makes a difference.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I don’t know anything about the seller or the boat, but I would be a little (ok, maybe a LOT) skeptical about this.

And the sellers reputation as a seller isn’t real great...
0E9DB7CD-0E01-4DE1-A523-AE610A384527.png

As my dad used to say, if it seems too good to be true...

Greg

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Whatever the seller's rep, you have to see it in person and get to say no at any time.
My experience is that when a person asserts that you could sail her today after spending any time in a backyard or neglected in a boatyard, that guy doesn't know boats or is lying.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Whatever the seller's rep, toity have to see it in person and get to say no at any time.
My experience is that when a person asserts that you could sail her today after spending any time in a backyard or neglected in a boatyard, that guy doesn't know boats or is lying.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Agreed. On both counts.

Greg

Jun 2, 2011
Hunter H33 Port Credit Harbour, ON.
It looks like the whole front section of the boat has been digitally altered. (Photoshop light) Forward of the boot stripe.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Just an aside... what are those things sticking out of the jib sheet winches?

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Why not ask him to take a whole bunch of photos and send them to you? Looks like no mast or rigging.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
There are a lot of recurring boat scams out there, I found 2 in AL and we all had fun with at least one on this forum last year...

Jan 7, 2011
It looks like the whole front section of the boat has been digitally altered. (Photoshop light) Forward of the boot stripe.
It looks like there was some glass work done in that section of the boat...

Greg