I thought I'd pop in to see what's happening.

Aug 3, 2005
Currently boatless - Eastern Seaboard
An update on Pamela and me... we sold the trawler and bought ten acres of land in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. A neck breaking accident between my head and a tree ended our plans of building an off grid homestead, and we're now living in the Ocala area of Florida.

During our cruised down the eastern seaboard on Drift Away, I left my Fuji point-and-pray camera on the Whaler I was working on and an overnight rain killed it. Pamela insisted that I buy a "good camera", so I bought a basic Nikon D3100 DSLR. I started winning a few online photo contests with it and loved it, but it wasn't so good taking star photos, so I upgraded to a very nice Nikon D7100.

Besides photography, I got into writing seriously in my retirement years and wrote a fairly popular blog about our cruise aboard Drift Away. That lead to another blog about building our place in the Adirondacks, and that blog became peppered with accounts of Sasquatch. Yes, they are indeed real. At the prodding of blog followers, I published three books Sasquatch related, and a fourth is about done. I also published a 2018 calendar titled "Life in the Golden Isles" with pics from our time in Brunswick, Georgia. Pics can be seen in the link below.
https://trawlerdriftaway.blogspot.com/2017/10/2018-golden-isles-calendar.html

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Dave, good to hear from you, you can see a few of the denizens of old here on the new CSBB. Everyone seems to be a lot more civil than on the old board......sometimes I miss the storms that brewed there for the entertainment value. Stay well.

Nat

Feb 11, 2017
former Tartan 30 New London, CT area
Dave,
Glad to hear all is well with you and Pam. Hope Sasquatch didn't follow you to Florida.
I'm also on my second DSLR. First was a Pentax ist DS which I dropped (onto concrete). Replaced it with a Pentax K200, which is the last model Pentax made with the CMOS sensor. I stick with the Pentax because of all my old accessories from the days of film. But I use the DSLR only when I need it for it's capabilities (off camera flash, macro capability, special lenses) - daily use is a Lumix TZ4 which drops into my pocket. Works for me.

Aug 3, 2005
Currently boatless - Eastern Seaboard
Hi Al! Hey, I'm planning on a lunch get together with Dick and Libby Mills who are wintering not far from me. I guess your old Westsail is still doing fine.

genec

Dec 30, 2010
Pacific Seacraft Orion27 HP: San Diego, M: Anacortes
Good to see you bouncing about there Dave... Fair winds. Watch out for ole 'squatch.