I need to access the centerboard trunk on an Oday 19

Aug 14, 2024
Oday 19 Kokomo
I recently bought a 1982 Oday 19. When I launched it to test it, it took on quite a bit of water in a half hour test underway. The water was sloshing around in the lazaretto and the cabin sole. When I put it back on the trailer, the water stayed in the boat as it sits on the trailer sloped to the rear, so the water went to the stern and stayed there. The thruhull for the cockpit drain is not the source of the leak. I crawled under the boat on the trailer and the hull to keel is solid all the way around. I can not see in the centerboard trunk as the centerboard blocks my view. I repaired a centerboard issue years ago on a 16" boat by pulling the boat off the trailer in the lawn, turning it on its side and repaired the centerboard. Then I lifted up the bow with a lift and winched it back on the trailer. That did not hurt the boat at all. I would like advice on practicality of this approach for the 19' boat. I have searched on forum and Googled unsuccessfully about how to repair this leak. Thanks in advance for any suggestions