I love my Capri 22 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sy Schiffman

'Just had my Capri 22 delivered, and have taken her out twice. Wow, what a sweet performing boat. It's a real step-up from my Catalina 22 Performance-wise. The Honda 5hp. 4-stroke was a wise choice,too, I think.

B

Bob

Capri 22

I'm considering a Capri 22, so it's good to hear how much you are enjoying your new boat. Can you describe any other performance differences between the Capri 22 and the Catalina 22. Is the Capri significantly less stable? Can you describe performance (speed, angle of heel etc.) of both boats in similar conditions such as a 10 to 15 knot wind? Thank you.

S

Sy Schiffman

Response to Bob

Bob: I find the Capri 22 to feel very stable. I Had her out in 17kts of wind with main reefed, and fully deployed genoa. She heeled @ 30 degrees,and really felt good, and was really movin'-on. Under about the same conditions, my 'old' Catalina 22 probably would have been near the 'taking water over the gunwales' point

B

Bryan

Performance difference.

I have had my Capri 22 (90) for 5 years now. Mine is a wing keel and handles very well even in a good blow. (15-20). The reason I got a Capri versus a Catalina was deck room and layout. The rail winches and cabintop winches provide all the flexability needed for every sail choice. The added room to walk along the rails to the bow was a must. Until I recently moved to Idaho, I sailed in Texas. I believe the Capri 22 is paterned after the J-22 somewhat as far a racing and rigging configurations.The larger cockpit comes in handy when you have two trimmers back there with you during a race. The traverer located in the center of the cockpit doesn't pose a problem, and really helps keep those trimmers forward of the helmsman. She trailers fine and launches easily. Texas to Idaho convinced me. Good luck.

A

Al

Capri 22

I have a Capri 22 with a fin keel. It feels more stable than the Catalina 22 (swing keel) I had been sailing. The cabin is also more usefull, as everything in the Catalina 22 was to small to be comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.