I have written a new, non-sailing, article

pigue

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 27_75-84 Canyon Lake Texas TX
Good Read... Makes me want to grab a Geiger counter and go looking for an ambulance...

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Yeah, if one could get on the facility. The guards are very well armed. LOL. Thanks for giving it a read.

Don-MT

May 21, 2004
Oday 23 Montana
Brian,

Interesting article. I travel through that area 5 or 6 times a year. I vaguely remember that the was some sort of a female "love interest" involved with the three guys as well. Maybe more lore than truth. A guy I knew did contract work on the, now, INL in the 60's- 70's and he mentioned another site on top of one of the three buttes. But it'll be some time before we know the real story.

Were you there with the Navy? Trivia- where is the Navy deep water submarine base in Idaho? Or the Coast Guard base in Montana?

Shine On!
Don

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Don, the affair was one of the reported causes. The investigators say one, I don't remember who, committed suicide and took the other two with him. But like I said, the article wasn't about the accident, but about the location and how it looks today.

If you asked about the nuclear jet engines I could answer that, but I don't know any thing about the Navy. One guy I worked with several years ago was in the Navy and mentioned he worked at INL on nuclear "things". LOL

I do know there is a water table under the INL facility. The water is moving but at a very very slow rate. I can't remember if the INL is using that water for something. I learned this at EBR 1 (Experimental Breeder Reactor 1) the site of the first use of peaceful nuclear energy.

Thanks for reading the article.