I have many questions about how to go about repairs, should I create a thread per question? ...

ciso

Aug 9, 2024
Hunter 29.5 Northport
They are on very different aspects of the boat. I don't want to spam the "Ask a Hunter Owner" forum with a bunch of new threads, however putting them all in a single thread may make it difficult for potential future users to find answers to the same questions.

So what is the policy on this type of thing here?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
It is generally better to keep the thread focused. If you have several questions that are closely related, then certainly that would be ok to post in one thread. You are correct, if the thread has too many topics that are not related, say electrical questions along with fiberglass repair, that will get confusing for you and every one else.

Some of your questions will likely be very specific to Hunter sailboats, others may be more generic. Asking the generic questions in the Ask All Sailors forum will reach a broader audience.

The best asked questions have enough information in them for the members to be helpful. In many cases including clear photos will be essential to answer your questions and provide solid advice. Also, showing that you have done some reach on the problem before asking the question will also yield better answers in part, because you will better know how to ask the question.

So ask away!