Hurricane aftermath

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Hope everyone affected had no damage.

We and our boat live only a few miles from where the eye came ashore. While the wind was impressive (reports of 100knots), we observed a max gust of 78 during the eye wall transit. It appears not much damage around the marina and only minor damage onshore. The reported storm surge numbers never materialized here or to the south, no widespread flooding and no heavy rain in this area. Hope everyone else did well too.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
My brother is in Plant City, near a Tampa but away from the coast…he has flooding from the heavy rains. My friends in Cape Coral had to evacuate, but this morning found their house DRY. Some wind damage to trees, pool cage, etc but the storm surge never materialized by them. My place in Bonita Springs faired well. Never even lost power.

Guess I will try to head down there next week.

Glad to hear you faired well Don

Greg

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Never ceases to amaze when someone does that.

i went out last night briefly after the eye wall passed which was after sunset but quickly retreated realizing it would have been impossible to see flying debris. We’ve all done stupid things in our lives but that trick wins first prize.
What the news media never reports is the number of idiots so injured, two of whom were admitted to the local hospital early this a.m. after being hit with debris. Maybe because they want the video clips more than protecting people.