Hunter vs Jeanneau

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike

We comparing the Hunter Passage 42 and the Jeanneau 43DS for purchase. Will put boat into charter in the BVI. We've sailed the Hunter several times and loved it but the charter company is pushing us to the Jeanneau. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

B

Bob Petersen

Food for thought

Just answer this question. Are you getting the boat for you or the charter company? If you are getting the boat to use after its gets out of charter then get the one you want. Remember charter companys come and go. If its goes, then you end up with a boat that you did not want. I was in the same place. Different models but the same brands. I went with the Hunter because it was the one I liked the most and sure enought two years later the charter company went under. Well, that was not to great, but I was real happy I picked the boat I did. Good Luck Bob

T

ted

good boat

i also looked at the jeanneau 43ds, im a devoted hunter owner but i think the jeanneau has some nice qualities, i really like the deck salon, it would be nice to have that kind of visability while down below, it also has a nice open floor plan. i dont think you will go wrong with either choice. is the charter company pushing the deck salon because they allready have enough hunters? in that case maybe the jeanneau will charter better, could be all kinds of reasons for this, id say ask them outright. i also agree with bob, dont buy the boat for the charter comany, buy it for you.

J

Jim Russell

Berths????

Are there more berths on one than on the other? If so, the one with the greater number of berths will charter more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.