Hunter brown hull stripe.

Jul 22, 2023
Hunter 20' Bay St Louis
Anyone know what the Hunter brown hull stripe is made of. It seems to be a vinyl of some sort and may have been laid up with the mold in production. It is tough. I have stripped some old paint off the hull using citristrip and it had no effect whatever on the brown stripe. I am painting the hull with a different color but do not wish to paint over this stripe and have the paint fail or try to remove it and find it embedded in the gel coat I am leaning toward sanding it clean and having a new stripe applied with the new color scheme using vinyl wrap . Any info appreciated.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Are you talking about the boot stripe? On my H26 it was vinyl (just like pin stripes on a car). Sounds like yours might be gel coat.

A pic would help.

Jul 22, 2023
Hunter 20' Bay St Louis
It is the original brown stripe found on most of the hunters at the time. the boat is bottom side up for hull work. the green is a recent brushed paint of what kind i don't know. It comes off of the stripe a little bit easier but seems to be adhering pretty well. the stripe does not appear to have been sanded, nor the hull.

Attachments