Hunter 426/44 aft asym.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 426 Rock Hall, MD
Hunter 426/44 owners: RE: Asym. spinnaker questions.

1) How to rig sheets? do they run to the genny turning/pad blocks just forward of the cockpit winches or to a snatch block attached to the loops located near the base of the forward arch leg?

2) Can the tack line attach and dead end at the bow roller?

Thanks all

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
I run my sheets to a snatch block tied to the cockpit bridge and then back to the winches on the cabin top, and have the tack coming off the bow roller (using 2 blocks with the line running back to the cockpit).

So the answer is - YES

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
have a block on the anchor spirit with tack line running down the toe rail to aft starboard cleat. Active sheet runs from clew to snatch block attached to toe rail near the stern then to sheet winch, lazy sheet runs from clew forward around the forestay to snatch block on toe rail with figure 8 knot to keep it from going astray. where the snatch blocks are located along the toe rail kida depends on the size of the asym. they have to be located aft of the clew so you can reach. Also the tack line is a key adjustment for controlling how much draft the sail has and luft tension.

Mar 23, 2013
Hunter 44DS Lake Macquarie
I have a block attached to the anchor sprit that has a line running thru it back to the front bollard that adjusts the height of the bottom of the sail then I attach the sock to the other front bollard. I run the sheet back to a block on a pad eye near the toe rail almost flush with the main sheet winches then up to the sheet winch.

image-42659418.jpg

image-2127271525.jpg

image-3940200816.jpg