Hunter 410 refrigerator

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
I am getting/gotten tired of dealng with the issues of my spillover freezer/frig system. Thinking of closing off the spillver between the sides and installing a new separate system for the refrigerator side.

Any 410 owners out there that have done this? If so what system/size you use and how is it working? Where did you mount he compressor/condenser? Any lessons learned to pass on?

Nov 9, 2004
Hunter Passage 420 Rock Hall, MD
Don, did that about 10 years for same reasons. Closed up the spillover hole and installed the smallest AB evaporator plate that would fit in the side wall of the fridg and hung the compressor in the wet locker adjacent to the fridg. Left the existing unit in the freezer. Works great, but you need to be mindful of the energy consumption, but the freezer is a true freezer now.
I also look at pulling the whole system out and starting from scratch, but expensive.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
I did it several years ago. Installed a small air cooled unit under the stove for the frig. Works great. Let me know if you would like more info.

Jan 12, 2011
I did it several years ago. Installed a small air cooled unit under the stove for the frig. Works great. Let me know if you would like more info.
Would love more details. I am starting to research and not finding a system with an evaporator plate for the volume that fits inside.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Three pics attached. Copy of purchase order, pic of the coil and pic of recently installed electronic t stat. Unit is under stove so don't have a pic of that. I also installed a pan under the unit for condensate. Don't need a drain as it evaporates. Bought from Defender.
Ref Spec.jpg
Ref Coil.jpgt stat.jpg

Jan 12, 2011
Three pics attached. Copy of purchase order, pic of the coil and pic of recently installed electronic t stat. Unit is under stove so don't have a pic of that. I also installed a pan under the unit for condensate. Don't need a drain as it evaporates. Bought from Defender.View attachment 176985View attachment 176986View attachment 176987
Three pics attached. Copy of purchase order, pic of the coil and pic of recently installed electronic t stat. Unit is under stove so don't have a pic of that. I also installed a pan under the unit for condensate. Don't need a drain as it evaporates. Bought from Defender.View attachment 176985View attachment 176986View attachment 176987
So what is the size of of that evaporator? Doing the math the frig volume indicates a pretty big unit. What temp is it maintaining?

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
It freezes the beer! When you consider the freezer next to the frig is below freezing the frig unit can be smaller than calculated. Boat in yard today so can't go out and measure it.

Jan 12, 2011
Well i dont want stuff in the frig to freeze. That used to happen in my spillover system years ago but jst stopped.

I may have found the air leak problem. Wouldnt know for a week, but hope I got it.

May 12, 2007
Hunter 410 Baltimore Maryland
I have a Hunter 410 2001 model with the split freezer/refrigerator. The wall between the refrigerator/freezer boxes is rotted above the drain hole where the freezer door hydraulic lift arm attaches to the bracket and starboard offset. The cold plate is just above the rotted area. The wall no longer has enough meat to screw the starboard block offset into the wall. Has anyone heard of this problem and have a suggestion for repair?

Attachments

Aug 18, 2018
Hunter 410 MDR
I have a 99 410, same problem, somewhere down the road I'll need to rip it out to rebuild.
What I did in the meantime is get stainless sheet metal, made as large as possible plate for both sides drilled holes in it of course and used good adhesive and 4 little screws in the corners of the plates on both sides. I tied both gas shock brackets together with the same through bolts, very strong, been like this for years now.