Hunter 41-45 feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2007
Hunter 356 Corpus Christi
Glenn,

First let me say thanks for your outstanding work on the Hunter 356. Whether we're out on the bay or just hanging out at the marina, we couldn't be more pleased with our choice.

My question is the recent trend of putting the pullman berth in the mid-40 Hunters. We recently were on board a 41DS and the pullman seemed inadequate for an over night couple. I have noticed that all 40 footers except for the Hunter 49 have this arrangement.

Are there any future plans for offering an option for a more spacious guest sleeping arrangement?

ghen

Mar 15, 2009
2 216 St. Augustine
If I divulged future design details I would be drawn an quartered. Seriously, Hunter is always trying to develop more versatile and usable interiors. I am not involved as much with the research of who purchases a particular size boat but that dictates how an interior is configured much of the time. Many times we know families with children will by a particular size or model and things like that can dictate configuration. In the case of a forward head in the bow, passage through the cabin is important.

Jun 26, 2004
Hunter 41DS Reed Point Marina
41DS

We have 2006 41DS, love the boat. the pullman birth is fine for us seems big enough for two average people. , the best part is the shower and head in the peak. . use it more than the main head..

Jul 12, 2006
- - nc
Re: 41DS

I would like to see a 38 to 42 with a centerline v berth. Sleeping in the aft cabin can be uncomfortable with the hull slap in choppy water on the hook or in the slip. I do really enjoy my 356 as well. Thanks a bunch Glenn! Push Hunter on a nice centerline model with real teak and holly floors, top load refrig, b&r rig, arch mounted traveller, huge lazarrette like the 356. I did prefer the "hot tub" cockpit on my 2000 model 340 a bit more. Standing by waiting for my next boat....

G

gs

Hunter 45DS

We have 2006 41DS, love the boat. the pullman birth is fine for us seems big enough for two average people. , the best part is the shower and head in the peak. . use it more than the main head..
My wife and I and another couple chartered a new Hunter 45DS last summer for eight days in the Caribbean. We had thought that we were going to get a Hunter 49 but when we got there we learned that the owner of the 49 had taken her to Anegada and hadn't returned yet. So we settled for the Hunter 45DS instead. I had my wife all hyped up after weeks of telling her and showing her the huge forward cabin on the 49 and after she saw the pullman on the 45DS was a little let down (another word for complained). I told her that we should try it for a night and if we didn't like it then I would lower the dinette table in the main salon and we would sleep there. I must say that we enjoyed the pullman, slept there the entire time, had plenty of room and really liked having the head and shower forward. I am 5'11" and was very comfortable with the pullman. To each his own I guess.
gs

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
What is a Pullman ? Is it a kind of berth arrangement or a berth complete with its own head or what ?

G

Passage 42

Hi Glenn, IMHO the Passage 42 (90-97) is one of Hunter's best designs. We shopped many brands and models before the admiral decided this was her boat. The aft cabin cinched the deal. That was in 2002. We've sailed Belle-Vie, a 1991 model year, several thousand miles all over PNW waters. We've made several two month cruises and most all has been done solo. My hats off to Hunter; perhaps you had a hand in her design, if so congrats on a job well done.

Terry Cox

ghen

Mar 15, 2009
2 216 St. Augustine
Terry,

Thanks for the praise for Hunter. You sound like a person that knows how to enjoy a boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.