Hunter 386 Water Monitor system

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
We have just purchased our first Sailboat, a Hunter 386 :) She needs a little work. I noticed the other day that the Tank Monitor was not working. By pushing hard down on the membrane button it came on. So at this point, I guess the display membrane is shot. I'm including a picture of the Monitor in question. It's my understanding that this only monitors 2 tanks. Do you have a recommendation as to a direct replacement, or something better?

Thanks in advance!
Gary

Attachments

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Not familiar with your panel and unsure about your question but it is usual to have to push a button to get a reading on the tanks gauges; they are not usually on all the time.

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Check out this post for my solution - can monitor up to 8 tanks and alert you for either approaching full or approaching empty depending on tank. It's been working great for 8 years now.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
It's my understanding that this only monitors 2 tanks. Do you have a recommendation as to a direct replacement, or something better?
Congratulations on your Hunter 386!! Nice boat!! It should monitor 3 tanks, water, holding and fuel, based on my 2004 Hunter 386 experience. You can purchase a replacement monitor from this site for $170. Part no. 830564. See the link below.

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
Thank you so much for the help. Hope to have everything I need by next sailing season. Can't wait!