Hunter 38 - disassembly in rear cabin

Aug 28, 2023
Hunter 38 0 Pin Rolland, Var, France
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to dismantle this part in the rear cabin.
Do you know how to do this?
Thank you for your help.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-06 at 12.02.47 (1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-06 at 12.02.47.jpg

Oct 29, 2018
Hunter MH37 Mississauga
Did you ever get a reply or figure it out or have any tips? I have an MH37 and need to get into mine. Mine is different in that this enclosure appears to be held in place with about a dozen screws, but I haven’t started the job and would like to know any tips before I get started.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
I’ve not done it on my 2008 38 but I suspect the soft vinyl liner around the light fixture has to come out. You use a putty knife to gently open the channel and pull the vinyl out.

BUT rather than guess and if no one who has actually done it replies, I’d contact the folks at SBO as many of them worked for Hunter and were involved in building the boats. Guessing they’d know how to get in there

May 10, 2004
Hunter MH 37 Manitowoc, WI
Did you ever get a reply or figure it out or have any tips? I have an MH37 and need to get into mine. Mine is different in that this enclosure appears to be held in place with about a dozen screws, but I haven’t started the job and would like to know any tips before I get started.
I've had mine apart trying to find a leak path into the aft bulkhead. Lots of screws to remove, but then it drops down. I've also removed the cockpit sole panel behind the pedestal. I cleaned and resealed the screws holding the panel down, as well as cleaned up and tried sealing the autopilot ram boot.

Aug 28, 2023
Hunter 38 0 Pin Rolland, Var, France
I’ve not done it on my 2008 38 but I suspect the soft vinyl liner around the light fixture has to come out. You use a putty knife to gently open the channel and pull the vinyl out.

BUT rather than guess and if no one who has actually done it replies, I’d contact the folks at SBO as many of them worked for Hunter and were involved in building the boats. Guessing they’d know how to get in there
I also thought about removing the soft vinyl lining around the light fixture but I'm afraid of damaging it.
It's a good idea to contact the people at SBO. Which contact do you use?