Hunter 340 Cockpit Shower Hose

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
My cockpit shower hose is kinked in multiple places and water will not flow. Even hot water won’t unkink the hose.
I looked on this site for the hose replacement but only found the entire hand wand assembly.
Has anyone replaced their hose, where did you get it and if so what is the fitting dimensions? Hopefully now they are reinforced hoses to prevent the kinking.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Ok... I am going to venture outside of the box.

The hose you're looking for as a replacement could be almost any material. I am making some assumptions here.
  • The hose is straight.
  • The handle and the plumbing use barbed fittings that accept small hose sizes.
  • You have some minimal tools and the capability to use them.
The hose is likely made of soft vinyl. This will kink over time. It is inexpensive and readily available at home DIY hardware stores. (Less expensive than from a marine chandler)

Or you might look at one of the expanding hoses that fit in a shoe box yet expand like a snake when filled with water. The connections might be an issue. We would need more information about your specific hardware.

Two ideas off the cuff. There may be others, but information about your boat and systems setup would be needed to flesh the ideas out.

1726170856512.png 1726170886959.png 1726170967200.png

These are about $30.

Sep 26, 2008
I was doing so many other things today, I didn’t remember to get a picture. My mistake.
This is the one….
IMG_1497.png

Only mine is a very cheap version of this hose. Biggest question is, are the fittings a standard or unique to Hunter, back in 2000. Which would probably entail replacement of the entire unit. As seen in the SBO store.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
More like a standard than unique. Hunter bought parts from the most efficient source rather than designing their own. Suspect you will find a match at most plumbing sources. I'd take the hose off the boat and take it into a Home Depot or hardware store of choice and ask for a twin.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I was doing so many other things today, I didn’t remember to get a picture. My mistake.
This is the one….
View attachment 227433
Only mine is a very cheap version of this hose. Biggest question is, are the fittings a standard or unique to Hunter, back in 2000. Which would probably entail replacement of the entire unit. As seen in the SBO store.
The fittings are most likely standard. Go to a Big Box hardware store or an RV store, they'll be much cheaper than a marine store. It also may be cheaper to buy on with the shower head than without. I think I paid about $30 on Amazon for a fancy hose and shower head last summer.

Sep 26, 2008
Glad for the standard fittings. Thank you all. I knew I needed to remove it earlier today, but just left the boat and it completely slipped my mind. Go figure, it’s one of the last things I see when I leave.
I wanted to stop tomorrow on the way to my boat and pick up a replacement, but not knowing the size I thought I’d ask here.
There’s an RV store on my way, I’ll stop and see if they have one.
Thank you all again.

Sep 26, 2008
Got my new cockpit shower hose today. I was a victim of supply chain issues.
The difference in hose is night and day.
A word of caution to anyone looking to remove their original hose….the fitting at the hose connector behind the unit is sharp as a razor blade.
It has a flared out flange and it is sharp. Only use a wrench on this fitting, don’t be tempted to grab it with your hand once it is loose, it will cut.
As for the new hose it is a very flexible stainless steel hose that should not kink over the years going forward.

Attachments