Hunter 34 cabin interior wood finish

Feb 28, 2006
Hunter 34 610 Narragansett Bay
Hunter 34 owners,
A previous owner sloppily applied a high-gloss finish on all wood surfaces in my 1984 boat. In a moment of insanity, I decided to apply stripper and refinish with a satin polyurethane. I'm all in at this point but had a thought last night as I was sanding a door. Does anyone know if factory delivered boats back then had a finish on the teak or was it left natural or just a teak oil finish?
Thanks,
Randy

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
My 1987 Hunter 31 had a finish on the interior teak, similar to my newer Hunters.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
I found the perfect match for the older Hunters , photo with the blue sail bag and fan is when i perchase her Jul7 2018. I had to do the mast post and soft deck so the bulkheads were removed, sanded and restained with MINWAX One Step Pecan,, some interior trim remained in place and I just lightly sanded and gave them a top coat of same. Also a couple coats of MINWAX UV Clear. The dinette table had water stains, map desk top was weathered, some sun bleached spots in the cabin,,,,I was happy with the results

Looks nice!!

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Hunter 34 owners,
A previous owner sloppily applied a high-gloss finish on all wood surfaces in my 1984 boat. In a moment of insanity, I decided to apply stripper and refinish with a satin polyurethane. I'm all in at this point but had a thought last night as I was sanding a door. Does anyone know if factory delivered boats back then had a finish on the teak or was it left natural or just a teak oil finish?
Thanks,
Randy
We bought ours new in 1985, it was a natural finish. Every year we apply a coat of Lemon Oil Wood Polish. It looks nice after treatment.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
all h34 except for the oak cabin model were all natural teak finish.
Ive used deks olhje #1 for 38 years last about three seasons between cotes

good luck

Sep 16, 2024
Hunter 326 Meridan
I purchased a Hunter 326 last year and we are bringing her back a bit at a time.. I've heard the interior finish is either minwax pecan or golden pecan- Any idea which is correct?