Hunter 33 Pitfalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack W

I finally did

I finally got a thank you follow up from Hunter about 4 months later on my 36. I know, however, that they have been very challenged since the hurricanes. What really ticks me off is that I never got any follow up from my dealer-no thank you note, no holiday greeting/thank you-nothing! In fact my salesman didn't show up on the day of delivery to me nor call to appologize that he wasn't there !! In fact, the salesman doesn't even return my phone calls--I wind up talking to a different saleman at the dealership to get answers. Go figure! Even car dealers follow up- and we're not talking about the same level of purchase price as a new boat!! The next time I'm in the market for a new Hunter (and I will be one day) I will go to a different dealer.

J

Jason

Anchor type for new boat?

I just purchased a 33 aswell. Still do not have it. Ome question that arrised was what type of anchor. The area I plan to sail. CQR anchors are used alot. You might want to check on the anchor. The sales guy said they come with various types of anchors. We are trying toi get that in writting. We also purchacesed a GPS and it is suspose to come with a chip for the lake? all the best Jason

R

Robert Poisson

transom shower

I have the same issues with my transom shower. The knobs only turn a quarter turn, and the pressure is lousy. I can't understand why, since the hoses are the same size as to the vanity in the head, which has wonderful pressure. I think it must be in the controls. I'll ask my dealer when I visit the Toronto boat show.

Oct 11, 2007
Island Packet IP31 Patuxent River, MD
Stan: you owe it the mfgr, Hunter, to call their sales dept. and put the dealer on report for extreme non-performance. When Hunter gets a copy of the boat delivery and warranty they will contact you with a welcom to the Hunter family and send you a detailed questionaire about your dealer's performance. Did you ever get a boat warranty or an Engine Warranty? How about a delivery checklist? We got all these things plus a thorough boat systems checkout and a check or trial sail. Your dealer was grossly negligent if you didn't get this kind of check out. Hunter would want to know about this.

A

Andy

Hunter response

I hate to be the smiling face all the time, but... Hunter has sent us two duffel bags with nice "welcome to the family" letters. We have completed a written and online survey. AND I have written congratulatory letters of praise for my dealer. He still calls me to talk and answers all my questions. If you do ever buy a Hunter go up from NY to RI and I will gladly you give you the name/location of the dealer we used - for both our Hunter purchases.

Jun 2, 2004
- - long island,ny
Hi Gregg

Hi Gregg Try calling your dealer,I got all kinds of stuff from hunter and my boat was not brand new from dealer it was a demo but got the same warranty as new and was treated just like a new boat owner. nick

Status
Not open for further replies.