Hunter 33, Do wires actually run in between the deck and head liner??

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 33 salem
The wires that run forward to the mast connections and the bow light, I suspect they run
between the headliner and the deck???

How the heck ya supposed to access these???

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
The wires that run forward to the mast connections and the bow light, I suspect they run
between the headliner and the deck???

How the heck ya supposed to access these???
Yes they do and you don't. Sorry not to be more helpful, but that's just the way they built them back then (late 70s, early 80s). Run new wires along the hull/deck joint.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
If you have overhead lighting then the wiring must run in that space. You could access the wiring from the light fixture. In my 2002 H356. there was a junction plate on the starboard side of the cabin for the wires which run up the mast. that made those wires accessible. Other wires were in conduits which I never accessed.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
My 1980 Hunter 33 had the mast wires running through the bilge and up the compression post into the mast. I do not know if that was originally the way the wires ran or something done later.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
My 1980 Hunter 33 had the mast wires running through the bilge and up the compression post into the mast. I do not know if that was originally the way the wires ran or something done later.
Same on my ‘82 H30. I believe they were original.
I ran new mast wires along the deck to hull joint, then down on a concealed bulkhead and up the through compression post so they don’t just lay in bilge the way the old ones did. I haven’t needed to re-wire nav lights yet, but would run those along the deck to hull joint too.