Hunter 320 - looking to install a Signal Mate® 13836242 - Tri-Color LED Navigation Light with Anchor Light

Jun 22, 2004
Hunter 320 Benicia, Ca
We are having some major rigging work done on our Hunter 320 and I think the term is that we are in a snowball situation. Even so - the boat is 20 years old and we are looking at replacing our mast light with a Signal Mate® 13836242 - 2 NM Pedestal Mount Tri-Color LED Navigation Light with Anchor Light. is this a good choice? Is there a better option?

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I'm not familiar with the brand, but a 5 year warranty looks good.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Do not know the brand or how it holds up. I used AquaSignal products with LED bulbs on my refit. See you are sailing California waters. My thought when sailing in large Pacific swells having the NAV lights at the mast head would be helpful.
Note that the mast head light is only good for when sail powered. If motoring the CG Regs call for lights as a boat under power. Meaning the Nav lights are to be on the deck level not up the mast.

While your at it do not forget your steaming light and deck lights. They like LED bulbs as well.
Good luck.

Apr 3, 2017
Hunter 380 Norfolk, VA
Hi Stephen, i am sorry i cannot answer your question but curious as to how you found out which light would work for you. i have a 2001 Hunter 380 and want to change my anchor light bulb to LED. If you have some insight here please let me know. Many thanks, Bill Small

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Bill, Call the SBO store and tell them what bulb you have now that you want to replace. They have the info and the bulbs.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
You can check out Marinebeam. They have tri-light with anchor and SOS all into one complete housing.

Ken Y

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
this light works really well on our 356 - we installed the version with the anchorlight too. the light assembly can be removed easily if you store your boat mast out.
Be careful about LED replacement bulbs - if they haven't been certified in your light assembly, you may run into legal and liability issues. Also, there have been major interference issues with some aftermarket lamps and VHF radios..