Hunter 310 - Bimini frame tubing

RMflow

Jan 29, 2021
Hunter 310 Hamilton Harbour
Hello fellow sailboat owners, I am very new to this sport. Recently purchased a 2009 hunter 310 which came with a bimini. We have the extra fabric as well as hardware for the sunshade but looks we are missing the piece of tubing the runs across the front. I've posted a picture and hopefully it's clear what I am looking for.
Not sure how much luck we'll have but though I'd try if anyone knew here where to potentially look for something like this.

Untitled.jpg

Thank you!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
A curved tube that supports a bimini or shade is known as a bow.
I can't exactly see what's missing in the photos. But a bow would most likely be a custom fabrication from either steel or aluminum. If you already have steel it should be steel.
That's an interesting design for the bimini. I don't think I've seen one like that. Usually there is a dodger. It looks like a dodger could be fabricated to fit the forward arch. Are you sure the extra fabric isn't for that? Is there any hardware on deck (Like button snaps or twist studs) around the companionway?

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
Have you tried Canvas Man in Toronto? I'm guessing that the top picture is someone else's boat?

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
The 2 pics look like different boats, so hard to say exactly what you need. Any marina should be able to direct you to a stainless steel fabricactor who would come to your boat, measure to whatever you want, then bend it back at the shop.

RMflow

Jan 29, 2021
Hunter 310 Hamilton Harbour
Yes sorry I should of clarified that in the first post. The top picture is another boat that has the piece I'm looking for. Will try the suggestions to get it from a local steel fab shop. Thank you!