Hunter 306 aft vent, blower and engine's air intake

Jun 25, 2004
Hunter 306 Pasadena MD
Jay, thanks! That's exactly the same with my plan. Now I need to trace the blower wiring back from the DC panel if it is still there for reuse.
If I remember, I'll take a picture of my blower setup when I next go to the boat (probably Monday/tomorrow). It's in the original configuration. I tend to use the engine blower only in the summer after we shut down at anchor, just on the general principle that we don't want that heat in the boat. I believe it's labelled "blower" or maybe "engine blower" on the fuse panel.

Jay

Jun 25, 2004
Hunter 306 Pasadena MD
... and here's my dream environment for working on the stuffing box. Note that someone has thoughtfully removed the ball-valve on the thru-hull, moved everything else out of the way, and even cleaned up and oiled the stuffing box threads for me!

H306_stuffing_box2.jpeg

Ok: so I'm actually trying to replace 3 of my thru-hulls, which sat in bilge water too long, causing the plywood spacers to totally rot out. I think I have enough clearance to put in the triangular flanged Groco seacocks: maybe I'll post on this later.

Jay