Hunter 29.5 Sewage Smell

Jan 6, 2020
Hunter 29.5 Sandwich MA
I have just purchased a 29.5, and have noticed the odor in the boat and in all of the fabrics and cushions. (Boat is now shrinkwrapped - vent is not covered). I have the Hunter drawings, but have not removed the rear stateroom panel to view the system. I pruchased the HeadMistress wonderful book, and will check hoses and the tank. I realize the odor most likely permeates from the hoses, so I intend to change them. My questions;
Is changing the hose on the 29.5 a nightmare? I am also hoping there is not leak or issue with the thank. My inspector told me the tank was plastic (spec sheet?), but I have noticed many threads with steel tanks. Is anyone with a 29.5 able to verify the tank is plastic?

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
The tank is plastic on ours. Be sure to check the tank vent for a clog. It is located in the rear starboard locker under an access lid.

Jan 6, 2020
Hunter 29.5 Sandwich MA
Great information. Thank you. I assume you mean the vent is located under the rear starbord locker (did not notice the access lid), and the holding tank appears to be behind the aft stateroom bulkhead. Appears to be able to be removed by screwdriver.